Comparing Vandalia auto insurance quotes online can be difficult if you've never received online price quotes. But don't give up because we're going to show you how.
Astonishing but true, most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Ohio can cut their rates by approximately $729 a year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
It's important to compare prices before your policy renews because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest quotes on car insurance at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to find out the things you must know in order to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on car insurance.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Finding and comparing the most affordable auto insurance in Vandalia is not as hard as you may think. But Ohio vehicle owners need to learn how companies set your policy premium.
Auto insurance companies in Ohio
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$652||$326||$54|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$904||$452||$75|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$668||$334||$56|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$968||$484||$81|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$616||$308||$51|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$822||$411||$69|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$702||$351||$59|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$696||$348||$58|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$838||$419||$70|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$444||$222||$37|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$746||$373||$62|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$668||$334||$56|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$648||$324||$54|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$876||$438||$73|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$642||$321||$54|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$860||$430||$72|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$650||$325||$54|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$764||$382||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location which can modify coverage prices significantly.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Vandalia
The example below visualizes the comparison of car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Vandalia. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Ford Focus SES.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Don't neglect these discounts on car insurance
Some companies don't always list every disount available very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Vandalia auto insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-car, Switch & Save, good student, renters, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, seat belt use, and driver training.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Double check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Vandalia.
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Vandalia can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Vandalia, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Vandalia auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fairfield, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Ohio Car Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)