Think you have an expensive insurance policy? Believe me when I say you're not the only one.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Sylvania could save about 55% every year, but they just feel it's too hard to find cheaper insurance rates.
Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the definite lowest rate possible on insurance.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates periodically since insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on insurance a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your insurance bill.
Most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Comparing insurance rates online is easy for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, their system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote determined by many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's necessary to do this if you are searching for the best insurance rates.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Sylvania, OH. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$886||$443||$74|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$746||$373||$62|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$736||$368||$61|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$762||$381||$64|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$660||$330||$55|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$676||$338||$56|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$682||$341||$57|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$632||$316||$53|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$768||$384||$64|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$674||$337||$56|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Toyota Camry SE||$730||$365||$61|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$868||$434||$72|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$648||$324||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
Males versus Females
The information below visualizes the comparison of premium costs for male and female drivers in Strongsville. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Fusion Sport.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Fusion insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don't always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Good Grades Discount - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance carriers give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- E-sign - Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application on your computer.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Sylvania car insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, federal employee, membership and employees, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- Travelers discounts include new car, multi-car, continuous insurance, early quote, home ownership, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, multi-car, safe driver, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
If you want the cheapest Sylvania car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of providers with discount rates in Sylvania, click here.
Learn how to lower your auto insurance prices
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
Older drivers save more - Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Drivers with responsible credit save on auto insurance - A driver's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score.
Eliminate add-on coverages - Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can buy on your policy. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Pay lower rates if you're married - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Don't give up on affordable coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Sylvania is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Additional auto insurance information is located at the links below
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Ohio Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)