Sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than the majority of other consumers in Ohio.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Ohio have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. U.S. insurance shoppers could cut their rates by as much as $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Reynoldsburg is really not that difficult. Smart buyers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is not rocket science. Consumers just need to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to physically go to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but have a local Reynoldsburg agent actually write the policy.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$632||$316||$53|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$776||$388||$65|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$712||$356||$59|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$456||$228||$38|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$646||$323||$54|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$684||$342||$57|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$566||$283||$47|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$514||$257||$43|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$598||$299||$50|
|Toyota Camry LE||$610||$305||$51|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$822||$411||$69|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$924||$462||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Reynoldsburg which can affect price quotes substantially.
How high should deductibles be?
The hardest decision when buying coverage is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The comparisons below help summarize how much more rates are when you choose different policy deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$296||$226||$14||$68||$781||$65|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$348||$226||$14||$68||$833||$69|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$348||$226||$14||$68||$833||$69|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$348||$284||$16||$84||$909||$76|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$348||$226||$14||$68||$833||$69|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$348||$226||$14||$68||$833||$69|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$400||$284||$16||$84||$961||$80|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$400||$226||$14||$68||$909||$76|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$400||$226||$14||$68||$909||$76|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$400||$284||$16||$84||$985||$82|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$400||$226||$14||$68||$909||$76|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$400||$284||$16||$84||$985||$82|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$348||$226||$14||$68||$879||$73|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$454||$284||$16||$84||$1,061||$88|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$238||$226||$14||$68||$670||$56|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$280||$226||$14||$68||$712||$59|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$280||$226||$14||$68||$712||$59|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$124||$280||$284||$16||$84||$788||$66|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$280||$226||$14||$68||$712||$59|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$280||$226||$14||$68||$712||$59|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$124||$324||$284||$16||$84||$832||$69|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$324||$226||$14||$68||$774||$65|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$324||$226||$14||$68||$774||$65|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$142||$324||$284||$16||$84||$850||$71|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$324||$226||$14||$68||$774||$65|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$142||$324||$284||$16||$84||$850||$71|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$280||$226||$14||$68||$748||$62|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$160||$366||$284||$16||$84||$910||$76|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible could cost the average driver approximately $11 more each month or $132 annually than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go more than 23 months between claims, you would most likely save money if you choose a higher deductible.
Higher deductibles save money
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Toyota Camry insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Do you qualify for discounts on insurance?
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize every disount available very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates as opposed to bad drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new move discount, teen driver discount, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, student away at school, group or association, paid in full, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, air bags, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, drive less, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Reynoldsburg car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Five factors that affect insurance prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Your credit rating is important - Having a good credit history factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Having a spouse can save on car insurance - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Better car insurance rates on safer cars - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
- Liability coverage is important - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost in Reynoldsburg, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When you buy Reynoldsburg car insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
More affordable insurance in Reynoldsburg can be found online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Ohio Car Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Lorain, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)