No one in their right mind likes having to buy car insurance, especially when the price is too high.
It's amazing but most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Ohio drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they just switched companies. Because there are so many options when it comes to car insurance, it's difficult to choose a lower cost car insurance company.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Lebanon is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Consumers just need to know the fastest way to compare prices over the internet.
Discounts can help save money on car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Lebanon auto insurance.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain insurance companies will give a small break get Lebanon auto insurance digitally online.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Don't be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, multi-policy, driver training, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, age of vehicle, anti-theft, location of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, good student, pay in full, mature driver, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, air bags, paid in full, student away at school, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for safety features, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, new move discount, and newly retired.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- USAA discounts include annual mileage, safe driver, vehicle storage, new vehicle, multi-policy, family discount, and defensive driver.
If you need the cheapest Lebanon auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Lebanon, click this link.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as how much education you have, if a SR-22 is needed, if your license is active, and whether you are single or married. Those rating factors is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and you will get price comparisons immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Lebanon, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$764||$382||$64|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$600||$300||$50|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$646||$323||$54|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$522||$261||$44|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$926||$463||$77|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$684||$342||$57|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$674||$337||$56|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,182||$591||$99|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$840||$420||$70|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$702||$351||$59|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$876||$438||$73|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$956||$478||$80|
|Toyota Camry LE||$668||$334||$56|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$856||$428||$71|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$868||$434||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Lebanon garaging location which can modify premiums significantly.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can affect Nissan Sentra insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the difference between annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Lebanon. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Nissan Altima Hybrid.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Buy more affordable auto insurance with these tips
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Drive less and get lower prices - Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your auto insurance policy is rated on the right rating data.
- Occupation impacts prices - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay higher rates than average in part from intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- What are your coverage deductibles? - Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many drivers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Lebanon who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you're trying to find a local Lebanon insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's important to know why they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost in Lebanon, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rates by being persistent
You just read some good ideas how you can find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More affordable auto insurance in Lebanon can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Mentor, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)