How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable insurance rates in Cleveland, OH? Cleveland shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Honda CR-V insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Honda and locate the lowest price.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. These techniques will instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and also save some money in the process Comparison shoppers just have to know the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates online.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$90||$172||$250||$14||$76||$602||$50|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$146||$284||$202||$12||$60||$704||$59|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$164||$328||$250||$14||$76||$832||$69|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$108||$152||$192||$12||$58||$522||$44|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$104||$172||$250||$14||$76||$616||$51|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$216||$356||$260||$16||$78||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise price quotes substantially.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accidents drive up Honda CR-V insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance ads are enticing
Ohio drivers can't get away from ads that claim the lowest rates from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free Cleveland auto insurance quote and switch your auto insurance policy to them.
How can each company cost less than your current company?
Insurance providers quote their best rates for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, a profitable customer might be married and over the age of 30, has a low-risk occupation, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any customer who fits those characteristics will get low rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who are not a match for the ideal profile may receive higher premiums and the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings. Because of these techniques, you need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Cleveland, insuring your vehicle is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda CR-V has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Honda CR-V and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Ten discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Some providers don't necessarily list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Cleveland auto insurance online. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Paper-free Discount - Many car insurance companies will give a small break for signing up on the internet.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Student - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Cleveland, click this link.
Local Cleveland insurance agents
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cleveland?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Cleveland for you
When looking for a local Cleveland insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Cleveland can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are Cleveland exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Franklin Myles - State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd - Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 - (216) 291-9892 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Nanci Cieckiewicz
4719 State Rd - Cleveland, OH 44109 - (216) 739-0990 - View Map
- State Farm: Betsy Warner
2491 Lee Blvd - Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 - (216) 932-6900 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Cleveland willing to provide price quote information.
- Anthony Insurance
508 E 185th St - Cleveland, OH 44119 - (216) 531-5555 - View Map
- Coventry Insurance Agency
230 W Huron Rd - Cleveland, OH 44113 - (216) 307-3611 - View Map
- United Agencies
1422 Euclid Ave # 900 - Cleveland, OH 44115 - (216) 696-8044 - View Map
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your CR-V resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your CR-V to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other's property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims, and doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people's vehicles, bail bonds and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Honda CR-V.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for things like EMT expenses, nursing services, doctor visits and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
The lowest rates come from being thorough
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Honda CR-V insurance in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Cleveland auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
More affordable car insurance in Cleveland is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cleveland agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Beavercreek, OH? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Akron, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Kettering, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)