Are you looking for a better way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Dayton, OH? Wish you could get out of an overpriced auto insurance policy? It's a common feeling and many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
It's hard to believe, but the majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Ohio can save 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to go online and compare rates. Lots of insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the lowest price on auto insurance.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around every six months because insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on auto insurance two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to learn the right way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without reducing protection. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Dayton can initially seem challenging. Shoppers just need to know the proper way to buy insurance instantly.
These discounts can cut auto insurance rates
Some providers don't always advertise every disount available very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get Dayton car insurance quotes online.
- Life Insurance - Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Online Discount - A few auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Dayton car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Dayton car insurance.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, electronic funds transfer, distant student, business and professional, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, new graduate, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and hybrid vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of insurers that offer discounts in Dayton, click this link.
Getting cheap car insurance pricing can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
It's so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agents' offices. Comparing car insurance rates online makes this unnecessary unless you want the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Dayton, OH. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$728||$364||$61|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$754||$377||$63|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$752||$376||$63|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$510||$255||$43|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$770||$385||$64|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$748||$374||$62|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$676||$338||$56|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$594||$297||$50|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$748||$374||$62|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$798||$399||$67|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$680||$340||$57|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$688||$344||$57|
|Toyota Camry LE||$780||$390||$65|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$714||$357||$60|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$590||$295||$49|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Dayton which can revise coverage rates substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Chevrolet Malibu insurance premiums for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Dayton?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Buying insurance from Dayton car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Dayton.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Dayton that can give you free Dayton car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dayton?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Persistence will pay off
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
We covered some good ideas how you can find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dayton car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Dayton is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Dayton car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Cincinnati, Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Youngstown, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Ohio Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)