Would you like to find more affordable car insurance rates in Piqua, OH? Piqua buyers have options when searching for affordable car insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a and get the best price possible either online or from Piqua insurance agents.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Our goal in writing this article teach you how insurance works and also save some money in the process Comparison shoppers just have to understand how to find the lowest price instantly.
Ways to get insurance quotes in Piqua
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. The only requirement is to take time comparing rates from online providers.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$698||$349||$58|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$954||$477||$80|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$580||$290||$48|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$726||$363||$61|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$730||$365||$61|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$992||$496||$83|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$854||$427||$71|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$578||$289||$48|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$758||$379||$63|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$746||$373||$62|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$666||$333||$56|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$750||$375||$63|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$808||$404||$67|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$798||$399||$67|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$966||$483||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Piqua which can affect price quotes noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Honda Civic yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for car insurance is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The following tables show the cost difference between low and high policy deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second price table uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$170||$290||$192||$12||$58||$747||$62|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$170||$290||$192||$12||$58||$747||$62|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$170||$290||$192||$12||$58||$747||$62|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$196||$290||$192||$12||$58||$773||$64|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$196||$290||$192||$12||$58||$773||$64|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$196||$352||$192||$12||$58||$835||$70|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$124||$196||$192||$12||$58||$582||$49|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$124||$196||$192||$12||$58||$582||$49|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$124||$196||$192||$12||$58||$582||$49|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$142||$196||$192||$12||$58||$600||$50|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$142||$196||$192||$12||$58||$600||$50|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$142||$238||$192||$12||$58||$642||$54|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in your specific Piqua location which can influence premium rates greatly.
Based on the above data, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $14 more each month or $168 for a full year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $400 more to file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally average more than 29 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you choose a higher deductible.
How to calculate if higher deductibles make sense
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$64|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $50|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$14|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $14|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||29 months|
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents influence Ford Fusion insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance is not optional in Ohio
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Piqua, insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Do drivers who switch really save $491 a year?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads advertise the message about how much you will save after switching your policy.
How does each company say the same thing?
All companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a profitable insured might have to be over the age of 40, owns a home, and has a short commute. Any person who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap premium rates and will also save when they switch companies.
Insureds who don't qualify for the requirements will get higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This really drives home the point why you absolutely need to get as many free Piqua car insurance quotes as possible. Because you cannot predict the company that will have the best rates at this point in time.
Discounts can help lower premiums on car insurance
Some companies don't always list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Piqua car insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Piqua car insurance.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, switch companies, early shopping, and teen driver.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, and online quote.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may have discounts that include anti-theft, farm vehicle, new car, resident student, teenSMART discount, utility vehicle, and auto/life discount.
It's a good idea to ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To choose car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Ohio, click here.
Quote more to save more
Discount auto insurance in Piqua can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don't offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Mentor, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Cleveland Heights, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)