Are you burned out from scraping nickels together to pay your insurance bill each month? You're in the same situation as many other Ohio drivers.
It's hard to fathom, but about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Ohio could save nearly $729 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to shop around. Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
It's a great practice to price shop coverage at least once a year because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rate on insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about insurance on the internet, but we're going to give you the easiest ways to buy insurance cheaper in Oregon.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, use these techniques to find the best rates without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest insurance in Oregon is not rocket science. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the best way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Oregon auto insurance quote.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Ohio, click here.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$690||$345||$58|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$716||$358||$60|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$806||$403||$67|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$782||$391||$65|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$804||$402||$67|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$568||$284||$47|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$676||$338||$56|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$822||$411||$69|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$644||$322||$54|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$730||$365||$61|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$600||$300||$50|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$836||$418||$70|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$676||$338||$56|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$730||$365||$61|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$714||$357||$60|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Oregon which can raise or lower coverage prices greatly.
Physical damage deductibles
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Buy cheaper car insurance with these tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
- Your address can modify prices - Living in areas with lower population can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Ohio cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- More performance means higher prices - The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Driving citations cost more than a fine - Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have gotten dangerous tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Miles impacts costs - Driving more miles in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Car insurance can be complex
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my covered if I use it for business?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Oregon who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent to your email. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you've probably found an provider that can service your policy.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost in Oregon, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
We just showed you many tips how you can get a better price on car insurance in Oregon. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Oregon is attainable online in addition to many Oregon insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Ohio Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)