Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for lower-priced insurance rates in Aurora, OH? If price shopping Aurora auto insurance quotes online is new to you, you may be overwhelmed by the diversity of insurers all claiming to have the lowest rates.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Ohio could pocket $700 a year just by shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to shop around.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices on a regular basis because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price on insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to lower your insurance rates in Aurora.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details including an estimate of your credit level, if a SR-22 is needed, if you're married, and the make and model of your vehicles. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$652||$326||$54|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$806||$403||$67|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$702||$351||$59|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$738||$369||$62|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$698||$349||$58|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$548||$274||$46|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$688||$344||$57|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$806||$403||$67|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$536||$268||$45|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$522||$261||$44|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$996||$498||$83|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$632||$316||$53|
|Toyota Camry LE||$688||$344||$57|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$722||$361||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Aurora location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
Gender-based auto insurance rates in Aurora
The information below illustrates the comparison of insurance prices for male and female drivers in Aurora. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Sonata SE.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact GMC Acadia insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below shows the comparison of Toyota Corolla car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Corolla replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Aurora, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Aurora is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to say the same thing that you'll save big if you switch your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all save you money on insurance? Here is how they do it.
Different companies quote their best rates for the type of insured that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk may need to be a married male, has never had a claim, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile will get a cheap rate quote in Aurora and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don't meet those standards will probably have to pay more expensive rates which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Save money with these rate reducing discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Resident Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Aurora and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, student away at school, good student, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide discounts include accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, seat belt use, driver training, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, early bird, good student, air bags, and homeowners.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare auto insurance prices in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheap Aurora auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
More affordable auto insurance in Aurora is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Aurora, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elyria, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)