Searching for better insurance prices for a Hyundai Sonata in Ohio can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Hyundai and obtain the lowest price.
You should make it a habit to compare prices yearly because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best rates on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Cincinnati two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Cincinnati is possible for anyone as you just enter your required coverages into a form. When the form is submitted, the system requests your driving and credit reports and generates a price determined by many factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Cincinnati helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to do this if you want to find a better rate.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will get a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$182||$262||$16||$78||$644||$54|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$334||$334||$20||$100||$956||$80|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$352||$336||$20||$100||$1,030||$86|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$276||$270||$16||$80||$764||$64|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$382||$264||$16||$80||$920||$77|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$408||$270||$16||$80||$964||$80|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$280||$256||$16||$76||$788||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific Cincinnati garaging location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can impact Hyundai Sonata insurance prices for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Hyundai Sonata premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help lower rates on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Cincinnati
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Paperless Signup - Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current Sonata insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Cincinnati car insurance online.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new Sonata is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, good student, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, accident-free, age of vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, distant student, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, air bags, mature driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, and paid in full.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, new move discount, preferred payment discount, safety features, newly married, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, homeowner, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- USAA offers discounts including vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, military installation, new vehicle, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Cincinnati.
Hyundai Sonata Insurance Costs Can Be Cheaper
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
Bump up coverage deductibles to lower rates - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your Hyundai. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a broken side mirror, flood damage, or theft. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
Is your vehicle built for speed? - The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are usually for low performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors. Because the Hyundai Sonata is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Cincinnati.
Prevent your car from being stolen - Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Discounts for auto and home policies - Some insurance companies give lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Your age impacts your rates - More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Hyundai Sonata insurance claim data - Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The data below shows the loss history for Hyundai Sonata vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Hyundai Sonata Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Sonata Hybrid||142||116||119||124||138||121|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Cincinnati insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Cincinnati.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Cincinnati who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Cincinnati should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a company that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage. Just remember it's your coverage and you can cancel your coverage any time you want so don't think you are locked into a specific company for any length of time.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Persistent drivers can save
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Hyundai Sonata insurance rates online in Cincinnati. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
When getting Cincinnati car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Ohio Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Cleveland, OH? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)