Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Cleveland, OH? Purchasing low-cost quotes may be overwhelming for consumers new to quoting and shopping for insurance on the web. With more and more companies in the marketplace, how are consumers expected to have time to compare them all to find better rates?
A recent car insurance study revealed that most drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Cleveland could cut their rates by about $700 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
You should take the time to compare rates yearly because car insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rate on car insurance six months ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There are a lot of ways to save on car insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance bill.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Locating the best-priced auto insurance in Cleveland is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Ohio drivers must comprehend how insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes is to know the trick auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if you lease or own, the year, make and model of vehicles, if you have an active license, and how your vehicles are used. Your details is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Cleveland.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$642||$321||$54|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$712||$356||$59|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$634||$317||$53|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$672||$336||$56|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$882||$441||$74|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$702||$351||$59|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$578||$289||$48|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$622||$311||$52|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$646||$323||$54|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$728||$364||$61|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$566||$283||$47|
|Toyota Camry LE||$764||$382||$64|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$856||$428||$71|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$598||$299||$50|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates noticeably.
Policy deductible comparison
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Honda Civic insurance prices for different age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims impact Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The information below illustrates the difference between insurance rates for male and female drivers in Cleveland. The data is based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Honda Accord EX-L.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Ohio
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Cleveland, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Components of your auto insurance rates
It's important that you understand the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Traffic violations can be expensive - Just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten careless tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Type of car determines base rates - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Keep rates low by being claim-free - Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Increase comp and collision deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Drivers with responsible credit save on car insurance - Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. People with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. So if your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
Get cheaper auto insurance with discounts
Some insurers don't always advertise all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Cleveland car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Memberships - Joining a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, driver's education, good student, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, business or organization, anti-theft, family plan, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
When getting free Cleveland car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To choose auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Cleveland who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Cleveland should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How are they compensated?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Types of car insurance agents in Cleveland
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Cleveland are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Cleveland that can give you rate quotes.
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Company
624 Alpha Dr - Cleveland, OH 44143 - (440) 827-2084 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Teresa C. Paez
15105 Puritas Ave - Cleveland, OH 44135 - (216) 362-6526 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave - Cleveland, OH 44111 - (216) 812-5413 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies you've never heard of which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Cleveland that can give you rate quotes.
- Tower Insurance
15887 Snow Rd - Brook Park, OH 44142 - (216) 267-4466 - View Map
- Washington and Co Insurance Agcy
2565 Noble Rd - Cleveland, OH 44121 - (216) 691-9227 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: James F Greer Jr
16700 Chagrin Blvd - Cleveland, OH 44120 - (216) 752-7100 - View Map
In the end, you can save money
We've covered some good ideas how you can compare car insurance premium rates in Cleveland. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be pretty painless.
When you buy Cleveland car insurance online, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Newark, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)