How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Cleveland? Are you irritated from scraping the payment together to buy auto insurance? You're in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
It's shocking but about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Cleveland could save up to $729 every year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
Many insurers vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Dodge Ram insurance in Cleveland.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the ideas you're about to read. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Cleveland is quite easy. Although Ohio car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies calculate their prices.
Companies offering low-cost Dodge Ram rates in Cleveland, OH
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$130||$180||$264||$16||$80||$670||$56|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$192||$290||$262||$16||$78||$838||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$178||$294||$346||$20||$104||$942||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$190||$346||$290||$18||$86||$930||$78|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$178||$294||$346||$20||$104||$942||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$192||$290||$262||$16||$78||$838||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$136||$228||$346||$20||$104||$834||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$122||$186||$256||$16||$76||$656||$55|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$138||$234||$270||$16||$80||$738||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$272||$512||$346||$20||$104||$1,254||$105|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$172||$318||$334||$20||$100||$944||$79|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$200||$320||$264||$16||$80||$880||$73|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$246||$416||$256||$16||$76||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$320||$264||$16||$80||$880||$73|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$118||$226||$290||$18||$86||$738||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$212||$408||$270||$16||$80||$986||$82|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$156||$220||$336||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$212||$408||$290||$18||$86||$1,014||$85|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$134||$290||$310||$18||$92||$844||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$118||$248||$270||$16||$80||$732||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Dodge Ram insurance prices for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram insurance costs by age and gender
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can drive up Dodge Ram insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Dodge Ram Insurance Costs?
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. It's important that you understand some of the things that help determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Poor credit score equals high prices - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Ram by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Deter vehicle theft - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Insurance is expensive for younger drivers - Youthful drivers in Ohio have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Higher premiums for tough jobs - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations like judges, business owners and medical professionals generally have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, historians and performers receive lower rates.
- Where you reside can affect costs - Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money - Policies have additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Males tend to take more risk - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. They both get in accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Having a spouse can lower rates - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other means you're more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
You may qualify for discounts for Dodge Ram insurance in Cleveland
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of companies may give you up to $50 shop Cleveland auto insurance digitally online.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Ram insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, group or association, company car, paperless, mature driver, multi-policy, and air bags.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, early bird, defensive driver, air bags, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online shopper, good driver, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, and renters.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, and safe vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply in every state. To see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Ohio, click here.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Cleveland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you free Cleveland auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Cleveland for you
If you need to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Cleveland agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Cleveland should have no problem answering these questions:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
After you get positive responses to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.
Auto insurance companies are expert advertisers
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the ads advertise the message about savings if you just switch your auto insurance policy to them. How do they all say the same thing? Here is how they do it.
All the different companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a profitable risk profile might be described as over the age of 50, has had continuous coverage, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured that fits those parameters is entitled to the best price and will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who may not quite match the requirements will see more expensive rates and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much money. That's the way companies can lure you into getting a quote.
This really illustrates why drivers should compare rate quotes every year. It's just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Which is the best auto insurance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Dodge Ram?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, denial of a claim or even poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Cleveland is available on the web in addition to many Cleveland insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information is located below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)