Looking for lower-priced Chevy Cruze insurance in Cleveland? Wish you could get out of an expensive car insurance policy? It's a common feeling and there are many people just like you.
Statistics show that a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Most drivers in Cleveland can save nearly $729 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Chevy Cruze in Cleveland, it's difficult to pick the cheapest car insurance company.
Best companies for Chevy Cruze insurance
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Ohio. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- E-sign - Many larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Cruze can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers can get reduced rates.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, early shopping, teen driver, mature driver, good student, and business and professional.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, bundled insurance, early bird, air bags, and good student.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, good student, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Cleveland auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Cleveland who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Cleveland can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below are Cleveland exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Robert Jones - State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd - Cleveland, OH 44120 - (216) 229-3276 - View Map
Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 - Cleveland, OH 44120 - (216) 283-5570 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you comparison quotes.
Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd - Cleveland, OH 44116 - (440) 356-2055 - View Map
But they said I'd save $411 a year!
Consumers can't escape the ads that claim the lowest premium rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch to their company.
That's great but how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the trick they use.
Companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that will generate a profit. An example of this type of driver should be a married female, has no prior claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anyone who fits those characteristics will get very good Cleveland rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who cannot meet the "perfect" profile may be forced to pay higher premiums which results in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best premium rates. Because of these techniques, drivers must do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to guess which insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
The best rates come from being thorough
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, denial of a claim and even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Chevy Cruze insurance is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
When you buy Cleveland car insurance online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about insurance in Ohio is located at the links below
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Cuyahoga Falls, OH? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Strongsville, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)