Searching for the lowest cost quotes can seem to be problematic for consumers new to buying insurance on the web. With so many options of insurers to choose from, how are consumers able to have the ability to compare them all to find cheaper insurance rates?
It's amazing but the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save roughly $850 each year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
How to compare free South Euclid insurance price quotes
When looking for inexpensive South Euclid auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from lots of Ohio insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online quotes, so it's important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in South Euclid, OH. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$750||$375||$63|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$838||$419||$70|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$706||$353||$59|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$748||$374||$62|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$510||$255||$43|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$612||$306||$51|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$764||$382||$64|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$886||$443||$74|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$652||$326||$54|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$678||$339||$57|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$634||$317||$53|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$714||$357||$60|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$808||$404||$67|
|Toyota Corolla S||$798||$399||$67|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$730||$365||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise insurance rates significantly.
Analysis of deductible levels
One common question asked by South Euclid drivers is which deductible level should you buy. The following tables may aid in understanding the differences in premium rates when you buy lower versus higher coverage deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second pricing table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$176||$242||$226||$14||$68||$751||$63|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$198||$242||$226||$14||$68||$773||$64|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$198||$242||$226||$14||$68||$773||$64|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$198||$296||$226||$14||$68||$827||$69|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$198||$296||$226||$14||$68||$827||$69|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$198||$296||$226||$14||$68||$827||$69|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$198||$296||$226||$14||$68||$827||$69|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$108||$152||$226||$14||$68||$568||$47|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$122||$152||$226||$14||$68||$582||$49|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$122||$152||$226||$14||$68||$582||$49|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$122||$186||$226||$14||$68||$616||$51|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$122||$186||$226||$14||$68||$616||$51|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$122||$186||$226||$14||$68||$616||$51|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$122||$186||$226||$14||$68||$616||$51|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can impact premiums greatly.
Based on the above data, using a $250 deductible costs an average of $17 more each month or $204 each year than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $750 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you have at least 44 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off if you choose a higher deductible.
Liability-only rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below examines Nissan Sentra insurance prices with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan Sentra replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The information below shows the comparison of auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in South Euclid. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in on a Ford Escape Limited.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Even though rates can get expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Smart buyers save more
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help calculate insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Guys tend to take more risk - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females are in accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Pay lower rates if you're married - Being married actually saves money on your insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Claim-free discounts can add up - If you file claims often, don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Ohio give the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Teenagers are high risk - Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
Higher comp and collision deductibles lower rates - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a dented fender, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Rates may be lower depending on your employer - Careers like lawyers, executives and miners usually pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers such as actors, historians and performers receive lower rates.
More traffic means higher claims - Being located in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when talking about insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident.
Your credit history is important - Credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on auto insurance
Car insurance companies don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy South Euclid auto insurance online.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers living away from South Euclid attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Participating in a safe driver course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance coverage on a new car can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to look at vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, defensive driver, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, early bird, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including early quote, continuous insurance, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, and save driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, teen driver, homeowner, early shopping, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- USAA includes discounts for good student, family discount, safe driver, defensive driver, military installation, and vehicle storage.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, safety features, multi-car, new move discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just want to have an agent's advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in South Euclid.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in South Euclid that can give you free South Euclid auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in South Euclid
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in South Euclid, get answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in South Euclid?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Lower-priced car insurance in South Euclid can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote South Euclid auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online in South Euclid. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Akron, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mansfield, OH? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)