Cutting costs on insurance can be a challenge for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing prices online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to find the best coverage rates.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,343, Ohio drivers could save themselves approximately $729 a year, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
Low-cost auto insurance companies in Barberton
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Barberton, OH. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$904||$452||$75|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$566||$283||$47|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$878||$439||$73|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$620||$310||$52|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$702||$351||$59|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$862||$431||$72|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$564||$282||$47|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$528||$264||$44|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$922||$461||$77|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$722||$361||$60|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$776||$388||$65|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$780||$390||$65|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$730||$365||$61|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD||$688||$344||$57|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$602||$301||$50|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Barberton garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can impact Honda Accord insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect GMC Acadia insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below examines Hyundai Elantra car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Ohio. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Elantra replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no set rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Cruze replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Discounts for affordable car insurance quotes
Car insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Barberton auto insurance with certain companies.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags may get savings up to 30%.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Barberton auto insurance quotes online.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-line Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, early shopping, mature driver, business and professional, multi-car, and switch companies.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, multi-car, claim free, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and online shopper.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- Allstate may include discounts for senior citizen, auto/life discount, 55 and retired, passive restraint, eSmart discount, and safe driver.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Barberton.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Barberton?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Affordable auto insurance is out there
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Barberton auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce auto insurance premium rates online in Barberton. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheap Barberton auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio is located below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Ohio Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much are Ohio Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Euclid, OH? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)