Finding cheap Ashland auto insurance is challenging since most people haven't used online quoting. Don't let the process intimidate you because finding lower rates is easier than you think.
Sadly, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Ohio drivers could save themselves nearly 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Buying more affordable policy in Ashland is not as hard as you may think. Basically, each driver who needs cheaper insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. But Ohio car owners must know how big insurance companies charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
When shopping for cheaper Ashland auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from different Ashland insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find affordable insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. When quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best rates. Some companies don't provide quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Ashland, OH. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$806||$403||$67|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$838||$419||$70|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$730||$365||$61|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$792||$396||$66|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$974||$487||$81|
|Ford Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$674||$337||$56|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$714||$357||$60|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$616||$308||$51|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$840||$420||$70|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$748||$374||$62|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$844||$422||$70|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$850||$425||$71|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$684||$342||$57|
|Toyota Camry SE||$964||$482||$80|
|Toyota Corolla S||$730||$365||$61|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$748||$374||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premiums significantly.
Where to set your deductibles
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Ford Focus insurance prices for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though rates can get expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts on insurance?
Car insurance companies don't always publicize all their discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Ashland auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Drivers who insure multiple cars on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paper-free Discount - A few companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need affordable Ashland auto insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies everywhere.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Ashland.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Ashland that can provide free Ashland auto insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Ashland for you
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How high should deductibles be on a vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When you buy Ashland auto insurance online, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
We covered many ways to reduce auto insurance rates online in Ashland. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Some companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Ashland is possible both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information is available at the links below
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Ohio Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Cleveland Heights, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)