Are you tired of trying to find more competitive insurance rates in Niles, OH? Getting cheap quotes may seem to be overwhelming for drivers new to comparing rates on the internet. When there are so many online companies available, how can you have a chance to compare every one to find the best available price?
Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Ohio being $1,343, drivers could pocket $700 a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You need to compare rates every six months because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest rates on insurance a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn the easiest way to save on insurance.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Niles can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Nevertheless, Ohio consumers must know how the larger insurance companies sell online and use it to your advantage.
To get affordable Niles auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer car insurance in Ohio. The simplest method to find competitive insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Not every company provides online quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from them, too.
The following companies offer quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$588||$294||$49|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$820||$410||$68|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$636||$318||$53|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$942||$471||$79|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$540||$270||$45|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$748||$374||$62|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$594||$297||$50|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$698||$349||$58|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$634||$317||$53|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$716||$358||$60|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$708||$354||$59|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$840||$420||$70|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$566||$283||$47|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$556||$278||$46|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$746||$373||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact rates greatly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can drive up GMC Acadia premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Niles, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Four tips to get lower Niles insurance prices
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. When buying insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Prices go up with performance - The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons - There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Rates are affected by your address - Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Women tend to cost less - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don't list every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Niles auto insurance quote.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down can earn cheaper rates.
- Good Grades Discount - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Niles may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, driver's education, and good driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, air bags, membership and employees, federal employee, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, annual mileage, type of vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, good student, distant student, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find cheap Niles auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be available in Niles. To view auto insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Niles, follow this link.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance in Niles. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Niles auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Niles is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio is available at the links below
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much is Ohio Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Ohio Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fairfield, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)