Searching for low-cost insurance for a car in Ohio can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates on a and obtain the best price possible either online or from Wooster insurance agents.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Obtaining price quotes for affordable policy in Wooster is easy to do. Comparison shoppers just need to use the least time-consuming way to compare company rates from many different companies.
Insurance discounts help lower rates
Companies do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- College Student - Children who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow driving data submission to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
To view insurers with discount rates in Wooster, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons is to understand all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including driver details, if it has an anti-theft system, if your license is active, and how much you drive. That rating data is sent automatically to all major companies and they return quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Ohio. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$576||$288||$48|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$668||$334||$56|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$644||$322||$54|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$444||$222||$37|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$776||$388||$65|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$712||$356||$59|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$738||$369||$62|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$644||$322||$54|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$732||$366||$61|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$768||$384||$64|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$646||$323||$54|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$710||$355||$59|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$652||$326||$54|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$764||$382||$64|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Toyota Camry SE||$798||$399||$67|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$618||$309||$52|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$590||$295||$49|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Wooster location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
How much more does full coverage cost in Wooster?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Tahoe premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Tahoe claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age in Wooster
The example below illustrates the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Wooster. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Kia Optima EX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
How to lower your auto insurance costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels. Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating - Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Good drivers pay better prices - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Just one moving violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers with severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Remove unneeded extra policy coverages - There are a ton of additional coverages that can add up on your policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Better credit means lower prices - Having a good credit history factor in your rate calculation. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Higher rates for specific vocations - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like military generals, executives and miners tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other professions such as actors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
Males pay higher costs - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Women and men have auto accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in Wooster.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Wooster car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. A good agent in Wooster will have answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Wooster?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction as well as inexpensive Wooster car insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an provider that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage for any reason so don't assume you are locked into any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Wooster, insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Discount insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Wooster agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be found below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)