Are you researching more competitive car insurance rates in Rocky River, OH? Have you had enough of sacrificing to buy car insurance? You have the same problem as many other Ohio drivers.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American drivers could save roughly $859 each year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Due to the increasing number of choices of insurance companies, it can be challenging to find the right insurer.
Locating the best rates in Rocky River is not rocket science. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. But Ohio car owners should learn how insurance companies determine premium rates.
Score discounts to get cheaper Rocky River insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Rocky River may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, seat belt use, daytime running lights, driver training, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including student away at school, teen driver, paid in full, anti-theft, air bags, paperless, and safe vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, air bags, good driver, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, renters, emergency road assistance, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Rocky River.
Cheapest insurance quotes in Rocky River, Ohio
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get prices online. Comparing prices online doesn't take a lot of time as you just enter the coverages you want into the form. When complete, their quoting system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted. The ability to get online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to get the cheapest price possible.
In order to compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will receive rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Ohio. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$590||$295||$49|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$648||$324||$54|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$786||$393||$66|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$668||$334||$56|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$808||$404||$67|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$880||$440||$73|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$654||$327||$55|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$596||$298||$50|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$592||$296||$49|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$764||$382||$64|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$882||$441||$74|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$760||$380||$63|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$696||$348||$58|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$630||$315||$53|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$606||$303||$51|
|Kia Optima LX||$834||$417||$70|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$828||$414||$69|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$922||$461||$77|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$832||$416||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Rocky River which can change coverage rates considerably.
Raise deductibles and save
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Ford Fusion premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Physical damage deductibles
When shopping for auto insurance, a common question is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The tables below may help to conceptualize the differences in price between low and high coverage deductibles. The first table uses a $250 deductible and the second price table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$152||$242||$192||$12||$58||$681||$57|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$152||$242||$192||$12||$58||$681||$57|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$152||$242||$192||$12||$58||$681||$57|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$176||$242||$192||$12||$58||$705||$59|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$176||$242||$192||$12||$58||$705||$59|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$176||$296||$192||$12||$58||$759||$63|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$94||$152||$192||$12||$58||$508||$42|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$94||$152||$192||$12||$58||$508||$42|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$94||$152||$192||$12||$58||$508||$42|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$108||$152||$192||$12||$58||$522||$44|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$108||$152||$192||$12||$58||$522||$44|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$108||$186||$192||$12||$58||$556||$46|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise price quotes significantly.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $16 more each month or $192 each year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go at a minimum 47 months between claims, you would save money if you elect the higher deductible.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Malibu insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Malibu claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Ohio?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Rocky River insurance agencies and auto insurance
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Rocky River who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you are searching for a local Rocky River insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Rocky River can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective insurance is possible both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Beavercreek, OH? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)