Have you had enough of sacrificing to pay high car insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as the majority of other people in Ohio.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Brunswick drivers could save about 55% a year, but they won't spend time to compare rate quotes online.
Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to lower your rates using these tips. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Brunswick is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Ohio car owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
Discount Brunswick insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Save over 55 - Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- Telematics Discount - Brunswick drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Driver Education Discount - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Brunswick can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- College Student - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Brunswick without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Brunswick, click this link.
Just remember that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Brunswick, OH. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$818||$409||$68|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$680||$340||$57|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$576||$288||$48|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$646||$323||$54|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$712||$356||$59|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$860||$430||$72|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$514||$257||$43|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$586||$293||$49|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$976||$488||$81|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$668||$334||$56|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$944||$472||$79|
|Toyota Camry SE||$846||$423||$71|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$636||$318||$53|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$704||$352||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise prices greatly.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents impact Ford Focus insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Brunswick. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied on a Ford Fusion SEL.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Local Brunswick insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Brunswick.
By using this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Brunswick car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to drive around because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agents in Brunswick can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's recommended you get several quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Deciding on a auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Smart consumers save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cost effective insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Brunswick agents, so you need to shop Brunswick car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)