How many times have you told yourself to find lower-priced auto insurance rates in Eastlake, OH? Did budget coverage turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? It's quite common and there are lots of Eastlake residents who feel the same.
Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Ohio could save approximately 55% a year, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates online.
Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it can be hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts you're about to learn. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Eastlake is much easier if you know where to start. Although Ohio car owners must know the way companies sell online because it varies considerably.
Low-cost auto insurance in Eastlake, OH
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$764||$382||$64|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$806||$403||$67|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$964||$482||$80|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$784||$392||$65|
|Ford Explorer XLT 2WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$612||$306||$51|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$902||$451||$75|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$900||$450||$75|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$702||$351||$59|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$644||$322||$54|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$748||$374||$62|
|Kia Optima LX||$952||$476||$79|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$846||$423||$71|
|Toyota Camry LE||$750||$375||$63|
|Toyota Corolla S||$832||$416||$69|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$974||$487||$81|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$648||$324||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices considerably.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise GMC Acadia auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get affordable rates by applying discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings as much as 30%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Accident Free - Eastlake drivers who stay claim-free pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver's education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate may have discounts that include FullPay discount, anti-theft, 55 and retired, passive restraint, and safe driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, drive less, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Eastlake. If you would like to see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Ohio, click here.
Four things that influence your rates
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The following are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Extra policy coverages can cost a lot - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Be proud to be claim-free - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Ohio generally give better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- More performance means more cost - The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower cost passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Many insurance companies afford a discount to customers who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Eastlake car insurance agent
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Eastlake.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Eastlake that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Persistence will pay off
We just covered a lot of techniques to compare auto insurance rates in Eastlake. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. They may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Eastlake is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Eastlake, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Ohio Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Ohio Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Lakewood, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)