Scraping up a payment for pricey insurance in Warren can consume your accounts and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparison shopping can lower your rates and help to lower your monthly bill.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,340, Warren drivers could cut their rates by almost 55% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Warren is not that difficult. You just have to know the most time-saving way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Ohio. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$730||$365||$61|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$768||$384||$64|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$610||$305||$51|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$624||$312||$52|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$606||$303||$51|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$656||$328||$55|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$872||$436||$73|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$856||$428||$71|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$646||$323||$54|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$680||$340||$57|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$920||$460||$77|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$920||$460||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific Warren garaging location which can change price quotes greatly.
How careless driving impacts car insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can influence Hyundai Elantra insurance prices for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get lower-cost car insurance with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Warren auto insurance quote.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, and drive less.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, and defensive driver.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, driver training, federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies in Warren.
Warren insurance prices are influenced by these factors
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings. Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Accidents are costly - Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost substantially. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Lower insurance rates with alarm systems - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts - Most insurance companies provide a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you're getting this discount it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Older drivers save more - Teen drivers in Ohio are known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Adding a beginning driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Smart consumers save more
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Warren auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Ohio Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)