Would you like an easy way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Delaware, OH? Do you think you bought an overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
It's amazing but most consumers in Ohio have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American drivers could save $859 every year just by shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates and save money. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to check insurance prices once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because it's time to teach you the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you're already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Delaware is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Consumers only have to learn the most effective way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Car insurance providers offering competitive prices in Ohio
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Ohio. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$682||$341||$57|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$768||$384||$64|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$838||$419||$70|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$656||$328||$55|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$568||$284||$47|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$764||$382||$64|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$566||$283||$47|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$654||$327||$55|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$656||$328||$55|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,040||$520||$87|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$728||$364||$61|
|Kia Optima LX||$636||$318||$53|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$748||$374||$62|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$648||$324||$54|
|Toyota Camry SE||$846||$423||$71|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$806||$403||$67|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$764||$382||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage prices substantially.
Males versus Females
The diagram below shows the difference between annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Delaware. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Ford Focus S.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Take policy discounts and save on car insurance
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Delaware auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance on a new car may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your car insurance premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, accident-free, TimeAway discount, air bags, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may offer discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, early quote, payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, good student, distant student, and youthful driver.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, driver training, loyalty savings, multi-policy, new vehicle, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, newly retired, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Delaware. For a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Ohio?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Delaware insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Delaware.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Delaware that can give you free Delaware auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Budget-conscious insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood Delaware agents, so you need to quote Delaware auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Canton, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Ohio Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Ohio Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)