If online car insurance comparisons are new to you, there's a good chance you are confused by the vast assortment of insurance providers who all claim to have the lowest rates.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Defiance consumers can save up to 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to find affordable car insurance rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using this information. Comparing quotes for the lowest cost car insurance policy in Defiance is not as confusing as people think. But Ohio consumers do need to understand how insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information like what you do for a living, if you went to college, the year, make and model of vehicles, and if you lease or own. Your information is instantly sent to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Ohio. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$904||$452||$75|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$922||$461||$77|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$646||$323||$54|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$712||$356||$59|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$706||$353||$59|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$770||$385||$64|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$874||$437||$73|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$648||$324||$54|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$806||$403||$67|
|Toyota Camry SE||$952||$476||$79|
|Toyota Corolla S||$798||$399||$67|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$776||$388||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below shows the comparison of car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Defiance. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Toyota Corolla XLE.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Defiance, insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Popular car insurance providers such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads say the same thing about savings after switching to their company. How does every car insurance company charge less that you're paying now? It's all in the numbers.
All the different companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. For example, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has never had a policy lapse, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Someone that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and therefore will cut their car insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who fall short of those criteria will have to pay a higher premium which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates.
Because of the profiling, it's extremely important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you lower prices than your current company.
Get cheaper auto insurance with discounts
Some companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Defiance auto insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could be rewarded with discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Defiance auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Car insurance companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Defiance auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Defiance. To see a list of insurers with the best discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Ohio minimum liability coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare but don't skimp
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on car insurance in Defiance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Defiance auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Defiance auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you quote Defiance auto insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is available at these sites: