Are you looking for a better way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Zanesville, OH? Zanesville buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost car insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your and locate the best price possible either online or from Zanesville insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible because rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on insurance on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because it's time to teach you the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a few minutes to get quotes to find out which insurance company has inexpensive Zanesville auto insurance quotes.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$714||$357||$60|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$754||$377||$63|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$904||$452||$75|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$730||$365||$61|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$826||$413||$69|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$602||$301||$50|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$706||$353||$59|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$922||$461||$77|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$508||$254||$42|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$646||$323||$54|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$882||$441||$74|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$764||$382||$64|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$808||$404||$67|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$692||$346||$58|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$604||$302||$50|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$730||$365||$61|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$598||$299||$50|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact coverage rates considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below examines Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs with and without full coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Malibu replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Some insurance providers don't list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Memberships - Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Zanesville auto insurance but check with your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Just know that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, multi-policy, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, teen driver, early shopping, alternative fuel, good student, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paperless, company car, student away at school, anti-theft, paid in full, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include good student, teen driver discount, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for new vehicle, driver training, family discount, vehicle storage, and safe driver.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Zanesville auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of providers that offer discounts in Zanesville, click here to view.
What impacts Zanesville insurance policy premiums?
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better insurance rates.
- Being married reduces risk - Having a significant other can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other means you're more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do men or women drive better? - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don't assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- High credit equals lower premiums - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your vehicle by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken windshield, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Your address can push rates up or down - Being located in a rural area is a good thing when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Zanesville who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is there a local claims center in Zanesville?
When searching for a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can do a good job, but it's worth learning how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Smart shoppers get results
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased both online and with local Zanesville insurance agents, so you need to quote Zanesville auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We've covered many ways to save on insurance in Zanesville. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elyria, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Cincinnati, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Middletown, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)