I can't think of a single person who fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, particularly when they could get a better deal.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers in Ohio have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in America could save approximately 47% every year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest premium rates on auto insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you the quickest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$612||$306||$51|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$660||$330||$55|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$622||$311||$52|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$566||$283||$47|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$788||$394||$66|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$740||$370||$62|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$518||$259||$43|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$628||$314||$52|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$858||$429||$72|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$766||$383||$64|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$682||$341||$57|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$778||$389||$65|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$720||$360||$60|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$646||$323||$54|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$878||$439||$73|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$856||$428||$71|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$668||$334||$56|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$604||$302||$50|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise coverage prices significantly.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below examines Honda Accord insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Accord replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts
Some insurers don't list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Beavercreek auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Online Discount - Many companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new car may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better car insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts should help lower the amount you have to pay.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want cheap Beavercreek auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply in Beavercreek. To see car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ohio, follow this link.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Beavercreek, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying adequate coverage, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is the ISO rating for a vehicle?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Local Beavercreek insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Beavercreek that can give you free Beavercreek auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a insurance company requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
If you want a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, it's recommended you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.