Searching for cheaper insurance for a Chevy Equinox in Ohio can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Chevy and obtain the best price possible from Columbus insurance agents and online providers.
Statistics show that 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in America could save nearly $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Chevy Equinox insurance in Columbus last year you may be paying too much now. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Equinox insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ways to find affordable car insurance in Columbus.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Columbus auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to analyze driving manner by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors may receive lower premium rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate has savings for new car, economy car, auto/life discount, premier plus, premier discount, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, and business or organization.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
If you need inexpensive Columbus auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. To locate providers offering auto insurance discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
Finding cheaper Columbus car insurance quotes can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing free Columbus auto insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$200||$296||$298||$18||$88||$900||$75|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$162||$238||$298||$18||$88||$804||$67|
|Equinox LS AWD||$168||$334||$296||$18||$88||$904||$75|
|Equinox LT AWD||$98||$172||$234||$14||$70||$588||$49|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$122||$220||$226||$14||$68||$650||$54|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$156||$276||$232||$14||$70||$748||$62|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$180||$320||$234||$14||$70||$818||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can alter premiums noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Chevrolet Equinox yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Chevrolet Equinox insurance
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Equinox car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Equinox annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Equinox replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Columbus.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Types of car insurance agents in Columbus
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in Columbus may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent agents in Columbus that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- IHT Insurance Agency Group LLC
655 Metro Pl S Suite 330 - Dublin, OH 43017 - (614) 761-2825 - View Map
- John Dawson Associates
6025 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 890-1660 - View Map
- Henderson Insurance Inc
3620 N High St #105 - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 884-0970 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbus willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Ray Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
7846 Olentangy River Rd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 846-2886 - View Map
- Bill Alsnauer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2500 W Dublin Granville Rd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 764-2411 - View Map
- Nikki Ogunduyile - State Farm Insurance Agent
20 S 3rd St #210 - Columbus, OH 43215 - (614) 274-7130 - View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Columbus should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How long has their agency been open in Columbus?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
More effort can pay off
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Equinox insurance in Columbus. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Columbus is possible on the web and with local Columbus insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)