Are you irritated from sacrificing other expenses to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are no different than millions of other drivers.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,340, Bowling Green drivers could save up to 55% each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to compare rates.
It's a great practice to price shop coverage occasionally since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal on car insurance six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're going to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Affordable Bowling Green car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used car is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Bowling Green auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Bowling Green may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Travelers has discounts for new car, IntelliDrive, student away at school, payment discounts, driver training, multi-car, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
If you need cheaper Bowling Green auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
All the larger car insurance companies give insurance quotes from their websites. Getting online rates can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. When complete, the quote system collects reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get price quotes makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this in order to get a better rate.
To quickly compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Bowling Green, OH. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$674||$337||$56|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$798||$399||$67|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$772||$386||$64|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$640||$320||$53|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$644||$322||$54|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$622||$311||$52|
|Ford Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$940||$470||$78|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$768||$384||$64|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$504||$252||$42|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$536||$268||$45|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$706||$353||$59|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$746||$373||$62|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$868||$434||$72|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$816||$408||$68|
|Toyota Camry LE||$868||$434||$72|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$754||$377||$63|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$826||$413||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Bowling Green which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims drive up Honda Accord insurance premiums for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of policy deductibles
A question often asked by Bowling Green drivers is how low should you set your deductibles. The following insurance rates may help to conceptualize the rate fluctuation between low and high comp and collision deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in Bowling Green location which can influence price quotes considerably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $250 deductible would cost the average driver about $11 more each month or $132 every year than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to have more than 23 months between claim filings, you would most likely save money if you elect the higher deductible.
How to calculate when to raise deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$72|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $61|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$11|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $11|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||23 months|
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in Bowling Green.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Bowling Green that give free quotes to get your business. You don't have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn why they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce auto insurance rates online in Bowling Green. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective auto insurance is possible from both online companies and with local Bowling Green insurance agents, so you need to quote Bowling Green auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Canton, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Ohio? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Toledo, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)