Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Shaker Heights, OH? Shaker Heights buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced car insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a and find the best price possible.
Affordable car insurance in Shaker Heights, OH
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Shaker Heights, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$876||$438||$73|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$566||$283||$47|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$646||$323||$54|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$682||$341||$57|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$832||$416||$69|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$444||$222||$37|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$822||$411||$69|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$616||$308||$51|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$768||$384||$64|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$822||$411||$69|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$504||$252||$42|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$528||$264||$44|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$840||$420||$70|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$840||$420||$70|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$768||$384||$64|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$636||$318||$53|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$648||$324||$54|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$730||$365||$61|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$706||$353||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Altima auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Ohio minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Altima replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Discounts can help to save on insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for several vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Shaker Heights, click here.
Get lower-cost insurance with these tips
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. It's important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Lots of insurance companies allow better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other rates to ensure the best deal.
- Vehicles with better crash test results mean better rates - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Women pay lower costs - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Females and males are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Location can affect price - Being located in a rural area has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Be proud to be claim-free - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
Some consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Shaker Heights car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Shaker Heights, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Shaker Heights?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Insurance in the media
Ohio consumers can't ignore all the ads that claim the best car insurance rates by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to seem to make the promise that people will save if you move to their company.
It sounds good, but how can they all save you money on insurance?
Companies give the best rates for the type of customer that will be a good risk. For instance, a desirable risk could be between 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any customer that matches those criteria will get very good Shaker Heights car insurance rates and have a good chance to save money with a new company.
Drivers who do not match this ideal profile may be required to pay a higher rate which leads to the customer not purchasing. The ads say "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. That's why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This really emphasizes why you really need to get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which company will have the lowest prices for your situation.
Quote more and you will save more
Cheaper auto insurance in Shaker Heights can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Shaker Heights, so get free Shaker Heights car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for affordable Shaker Heights car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Ohio Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Cleveland Heights, Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Ohio Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Ohio Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Ohio Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)